Wednesday 7 April 2010

Pearl VBX Series - Great sound at a good price

After gigging continually with my old Pearl Export Select kit for the last 11 years, when it came to replacing it was really a no brainer. Pearl's combination of a great sound combined with amazing durability was the ideal choice - particularly as there was a budget to consider. I checked out Mapex and although the sound and response were really good, the build quality and the the hardware didn't really hack it. For rehearsals and studio work the Mapex kit can't be beaten on price, but on the road Pearl does it every time.


I eventually went for the ruby fade 6-piece, Pearl VBX kit. The extra tom gives that added dimension, and Drum Stop were putting it in as freebie as part of a bundle when I shopped around for the best deal. So far I have only rehearsed with the new kit, but I am looking forward to taking it out on the road soon.

If it sounds as good as it looks on stage, I'm in line for some rockin' amazing gigs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment